Joyful Beginnings is a developmental and play-based preschool. We have been open since 1995.
Our goal is to create a fun, hands-on learning environment with a focus on cognitive development to adequately prepare the children for Kindergarten. Our curriculum includes Zoo Phonics, Sign Language, Cooking, Yoga, Music, Dance, Games, Indoor and Outdoor Play. We take field trips to the fire station, ARF, and St. Perpetua’s garden. We have regular visits with Miss Donna at the Library and story time with our pastor in the sanctuary. We have visits from the dentist, doctor, and other community helpers.
We strive to meet the needs of each individual child at their level and style of learning with a focus on socialization and self esteem.
Parents and children are welcome to call for a tour of the school.
Joyful Beginnings serves children from 2 years, 6 months (by September 1) through five years of age. Classes are offered 8:45-11:45 for the following age groups:
3 year olds – Tuesday Thursday
4 year olds – Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Pre-Kindergarten/5 year olds – Monday through Friday
A typical daily schedule includes the following:
- Free play with manipulative toys, books, blocks, dramatic play, playhouse, musical instruments, etc.
- Circle Time with stories, songs, and games.
- Teacher-directed activities in groups, including visual curriculum presentations, art and cooking activities.
- Snack Time.
- Outdoor play on the playground or in the Fellowship Hall with wheel toys, climbing apparatus, sandbox play, balls, parachute activities.
- Clean-up and Story Time.
LUNCH BUNCH (Extended Care)
Our Lunch Bunch (extended care) program is available to any enrolled student each day the preschool is open with a few exceptions below. Two sessions are offered:
1) A two (2) hour program held 11:45 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.
2) A three (3) hour program held 11:45 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Children enrolling in the Lunch Bunch program bring their own lunch each session. Registration is ongoing as long as space is available.
For more information about Joyful Beginnings Preschool, including openings, registration and costs, contact the preschool by email or by calling 925.284-1143.